Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Do Epic Shit" - my fave sign from the race


This weekend was the Chicago Marathon. A few fun facts about the event:
  • 45,000 participants from all 50 states and more than 100 countries participated in the 35th annual Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I am a pretty popular gal, so I knew 6 of them.
  • Two Ethiopian runners won the marathon. The men’s winner finished in 2 hrs and 4 minutes, and the women’s winner finished in 2 hrs and 22 minutes. As a comparison, they ran 26.2 miles in the time it takes me to watch an episode of SYTYCD.


I went out to cheer on the runners around Mile 7 of the event, and everyone was extremely energetic and excited at that point. High Fives, Whoop Whoops, funny costumes. I held up my signs that said, “Nip Guards Turn Me On” and “Where’s the Floats?” and they got a few laughs. 

When I saw the runners at the end of the race, everyone seemed overwhelmed by what they had accomplished. There was such pride from their friends and families, but more importantly, happiness and joy from the runners. Seeing the excitement on all the faces was really unbelievable and made me want to go accomplish something huge…

But then I remembered that I did the 3-Day walk in August, so I can cross accomplishing something huge off my list. Phew, because I was pretty tired after all that cheering :) 

Congrats to all of the runners!! I truly am so proud of you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment